Solar is Coming in Hot

In recent years, the US has increased its investments in solar energy. In fact, in 2016 47.06% of global energy investments went towards solar whereas in 2006 it was only 19.43%. This makes me feel that we are getting closer to commercial-level solar. In 2020 the US consumed 999 Kw hours of solar energy per capita. This is amongst the highest consumptions in the world. However, it is important to note that America has the lowest investment in renewable energy when looking at countries’ GDP. As we have learned the price for solar installation is decreasing, thus, I think more homes will begin to add solar arrays. If this is the case then families can provide their own electricity and even sell it back to the National Grid. My family is part of a Vermont State Program where any excess solar power our array generates is directly sent to the grid. Many electrical companies are pushing this and even offering a stipend to households who make this change. It is a win-win situation after the solar pays itself back after a few years.

12 thoughts on “Solar is Coming in Hot

1. It’s really cool that Vermont has implemented a state program to conserve energy. I wonder if other states have programs like that or would consider starting them.

2. I hope that more people take part in programs like the one from Vermont that you mentioned! Also, one of the major reasons people cite for not switching to renewable energy sources is cost, so it’s good to see that the price of solar installation is dropping.

3. Good information on America’s investments in solar energy and America’s usage of Solar Energy. Good stuff.

4. The shift to solar is definitely a positive and there are programs similar to the one you mentioned in NY as well. The companies will install solar panels and any excess power goes back to the grid. This is a great method to increase sustainability while benefiting the public as well.

5. Solar is definitely a huge source of power for the future, the struggle will be setting up that grid and getting everyone to put into it. It’s good to hear Vermont uses solar and puts it into the grid!!

6. Very good post. I wanted to let you know that I recently came across your blog and that I have been thoroughly enjoying reading your entries. In the end, I’ll be following your feed and hoping you post once more soon! Play fireboy and watergirl for free!

7. In conclusion, this article provides a well-rounded perspective on the US’s growing investment in solar energy and its potential to reshape the country’s energy landscape. The author’s insights and personal experiences make the article both informative and inspiring, prompting readers to consider the role they can play in the transition towards sustainable energy sources.
    khalidelarbi———-business for sale