And the name of my microbe is… Nicole

Neither of my bacteria had a successful 16S rRNA analysis. While mine look sort of like Streptomyces under the microscope, I’m going to call v13 Sheila, and v1Manuel. Those are good names.

The two DNA sequences you gave me are either Burkholderia or the really closely related Paraburkholderia (the only difference between these two geneses is that Paraburkholderia is never pathogenic and just lives quietly in dirt. In fact, people realized that they are distinct clades only very recently).

When looking at the data for the 08E isolate, the most related species was Paraburkholderia phenazinium, though of course there are other really similar species. I can’t find morphology through the links provided by BLAST, but a brief Google search says that bacteria in the Paraburkholderia genus are Gm-, slightly curved rods. They are soil bacteria, but a group grew it on what looks to be a rich media because there are 3 grams of meat. The bacteria can create Iodinin, which induces apoptosis by possibly breaking the DNA. While that is technically an antibiotic, I wouldn’t recommend using it.