Extract News! -Alexa

I tested four of my bacteria samples (13, 14, 15, and 17) against the tester strains 1 (S.Epidermis),3 (E. Carotovora) ,6 (B. Subtillis), and 9 (P. Putida). I chose these strains because my bacteria had previously shown resistance to all of them. Out of my four bacteria, only one of them, number 15, showed inhibition against strain 6. It had a very small ring around it so it didn’t show strong inhibition. Previously, number 15 did show inhibition against tester strain number 6. Number 13 and 14 both came from my LB plates and showed inhibition against tester strains 1, 3, and 6, so it was surprising that I didn’t see an inhibition from the extracts against any of the tester strains. Number 17 was from my PDA plates and showed inhibition against strains 6 and 9, but its extract also failed to show inhibition against any of the strains. Since only one of my samples showed inhibition it could be possible that I didn’t get extracts for the other ones or maybe the concentration was so low that it didn’t make a difference. It could have also been helpful to incubate the tester strains with the extracts on them longer, or let the heavy streak plates incubate longer since it’s possible the bacteria needed a few more days to start producing an antibiotic.