Investing in the Future

If how our society acts right now is how the future is going to be, its going to be a long road ahead to recovery. If we were to reduce our emissions by investing in nature then we would be promoting more sustainable options for a successful environment. Reducing fertiliser use and protecting wetlands from development are just a couple goals for sustainability in the future. There have been cases of finding and creating sustainable alternatives to current struggles we’re encountering as a society. For example in the realm of Co2 emissions, the following graph is a great representation of what has happened to date and what is actually the best way to approach the consistent worldwide epidemic of Co2 overuse.

If we were able to become more sustainable in Co2 emission, especially in the regions of South America and South East Asia then we could save the world from the years of future damage due to global climate change.

3 thoughts on “Investing in the Future

1. The graph you chose really sheds light on how extreme the Co2 emissions are in areas like South America and South East Asia. I think that society definitely needs to realize how much damage goes unseen. Graphs like the one you chose should be shared more often to the public to help them visualize how serious sustainability issues are.

2. I agree with you and Elly. The general public needs to become more aware of the damage that we put the Earth through. This graph is a very understandable visual representation of CO2 overuse.

3. I think your graph is very helpful in visualizing how much certain regions on our planet are affecting the rise of global climate change. I know there are many people, myself included, who learn best visually, and sharing charts like these really put things into perspective. I also like the point you brought up about fertilizer use and how that also affects the environment — I would like to learn more about that.